Training Your Puppy to Sit
It's not only fun training your puppy to sit, but it's also great protection for your puppy.
A badly trained dog is an annoyance and can even be a threat to himself and others.
A correctly trained dog, on the other hand, is a fantastic and enjoyable buddy, in addition to assisting you to bond.
It can even shield your pet from being harmed if he pays attention and will come when called.
When teaching always keep in mind that dogs react best to encouraging backing. Shouting at your dog and beating him will not get done the job.
In its place use rewards such as goodies and your appreciation this will make the job much more enjoyable for both of you!
There is a general process to teaching, no matter what you want the dog to do. The solution is to get the dog to carry out the act.
At that precise instant give the instruction for the act, then commend the dog and reward him with a goody.
After a while, he will get the message and connect the act with the instruction.
Given below some ways you can make use of to teach your dog with the most fundamental instruction Sit.
- The first thing you have to do is to get your puppy or dog to connect the action of sitting with the instruction.
To do this, merely spend time with your dog and when he sits give the sit instruction.
- Going down to your dogs height will let you to give his reward (goodies) faster so take hold of a handful of bite sized goodies and got down on the floor.
- Take the goody up above the dogs head. He will smell the food and go behind it with his nose.
This act will compel him to sit - or backup, but apparently we are hopeful for the sitting act.
- The solution to the teaching is to give the reward at the precise instant the dog sits, but you have got to also give the instruction at that instant as well so that he links instruction with act.
Hence when your dog sits, you should say sit, following it up by right away giving him the goody.
- Shower praise on your dog demonstrate delight in your voice; this will actually make him act in response.
- Go over three to five times at each sitting but no more than that.
Training should be enjoyable and not an uninteresting odd job, so do not go over the top with it in one sitting. You might have more than a few sittings all through the day.
When you use up the time to teach your dog, you get much more than just a dog that does a number of antics.
He is keen to do things with you. He grasps to pay attention when you say his name. He gets accustomed to being with you and doing things on your command.
Through fine training your stance as a person in charge is made stronger. You ought to arrange to use up a couple of minutes every day on working his tricks.
This sort of recurring reinforcement will help him to keep in mind and in addition generate the bond between you and him.
Dog Breed Training Articles